Everything Graham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Graham

https://grahambunnfansite.forumotion.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reality Steve Column 2/4/10: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cailg
Cailg

Number of posts : 1226
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Reality Steve Column 2/4/10: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling Empty
PostSubject: Reality Steve Column 2/4/10: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling   Reality Steve Column 2/4/10: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Reality Steve's 2/4/10 column: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling

Quote :
Did someone from the “Bachelor” franchise finally acknowledge me? Really? Now I have to worry about Israeli secret service? Uhhhh, sure. I’ll be sure not to answer any knocks at my door from strangers. In case you haven’t read EW.com this morning, they interviewed Mike Fleiss on his thoughts about spoiler leaks on the internet, mostly notably mine. Check it out here. It’s a very interesting read because Fleiss essentially backs up everything I’ve said in the past about my role regarding this show.

Yeah, I’m sure it bugs them that I’ve leaked spoilers about their show well in advance of it actually happening, but really, is it that big of deal considering the ratings this show gets? No, of course it isn’t. And that’s what I’ve contended all along. What I do does nothing to stop people from watching the show. Just gives them an idea what goes on behind the curtain so maybe they’ll start watching the show like I do, which is with a jaded eye. It’s all fun and entertainment in the end, and that’s what I’m trying to convey. If they truly had a problem with what I was doing, they would’ve somehow stopped me by now. Although, I’m not doing anything wrong, so I don’t see on what grounds they’d have to stop me. Since when is giving spoilers about a television show that I know to be true a crime? There’s plenty of spoiler sites out there for other shows. I just don’t read them.

Since the Jason/Molly/Melissa fiasco broke last year, NO ONE from ABC/Next Entertainmet/Warner Horizon has ever contacted me through email/phone/text/snail mail/Pony Express/house visit to tell me to shut up. And why would they? What I’m doing is not illegal. I’m not infiltrating the CIA. I’m not running around with the nuclear football. IT’S A FREAKIN’ REALITY TV SHOW!!! Who cares???? The bottom line is, if you’re gonna tape a reality show that ends filming in November, but the finale doesn’t air on TV until March 1st, I’m sorry, but stuff is gonna get leaked. It’s practically impossible to keep something like that under wraps. Fleiss knows that, and that’s why he doesn’t really seem to care what I do. I’m a fly on their windshield. Sure, publicly they probably wish I didn’t give away the ending, but they know it’s only generating interest in their show. As much of a creeper I think the guy is, he’s a genius. He’s had this show on the air for eight years now and it’s in its 19th edition. You think he honestly cares that some blogger out there is giving away the ending? Please. Who in a million years thought that when Alex’s season of the “Bachelor” first aired back in 2002, that this franchise would still be on the air in 2010, let alone continue to pull over 10 million viewers a week? Somebody’s doing something right.

-Lets move on to the beating Vienna is taking in the tabloids. In case you haven’t gotten your US Weekly yet, Jake is on the cover and the story focuses on his final four women and their pasts. But mainly they’re destroying Vienna’s reputation. Whether its deserved or not, they’re going full throttle. Hey, you sign up to go on a reality show, then your private life becomes fair game. You don’t want it exposed, don’t go on the show. Everybody should know that by now, and if you don’t, then you are incredibly naïve. Here is a link to the article on Vienna. Is this news to me? No, it isn’t. Back in my Jan. 11th column, I had this to say:

From what I’ve heard, Jake and Vienna are kinda like two peas in a pod. Both kind of march to the beat of their own drum if you know what I mean. Sure, there’s all sorts of stories coming out now about Vienna’s past, and she’s a wild child, etc, but maybe that’s what a guy like Jake needs. Look, I don’t care who he picks. I’m just trying to play devil’s advocate here. Vienna’s reputation is going to take a beating in the upcoming weeks, so, I’m just trying to look at it objectively in terms of, “Why would he pick someone that doesn’t seem his type whatsoever?” Honestly, for the life of me, there’s not a chance in hell these two are lasting. Hey, they might even be broken up by now. But what I do know is, Tenley and Vienna are the final two, and he doesn’t pick Tenley. So that leaves Vienna. I’m smart at math. Maybe he picked her, and in the month and a half since filming ended, they’ve broken up. Wouldn’t be the first couple to do that, and most certainly won’t be the last. But when the audience sees a Tenley/Vienna final two, I guess they realize they probably couldn’t have come up with two more opposite people than that, so the safe pick (and one that most of America would go with), would be Tenley. So when he dumps Tenley, there’s this season’s “surprise”. Jake has said interviews “I didn’t necessarily do what people expected me to do”.

This was a loaded paragraph, so lets talk about a few things in it. I heard about the “draining-the-ex’s-bank-account-story-to-buy-her-implants” back in the first week of January, which is why I said “all sorts of stories are coming out now about Vienna’s past”. No need to mention it then since I didn’t care to do any investigative work on it. I’ll leave that to the tabloids, and they sure ran with it. In addition, there are nude photos of Vienna out there right now. Have I seen them? No. Do I know someone who has seen them? Yes. I’m guessing eventually those will go to the highest bidder and hit the internet at some point in the near future. Also, there is talk of some sort of video out there as well. Not exactly sure if it’s a sex tape though. It could be something along the lines of what Gia did with “Maxim”, but not “professionally” done – i.e. her boyfriend videotaped her prancing around in all her glory. Whatever the case, I think this is only the beginning of what we’ll be finding out about Vienna. I’m just shocked it even took this long. Whether you agree with it or not, tough bananas. It’s the tabloid world we live in now. You know how you prevent nude photos from hitting the internet? Don’t take any. Pretty simple. It’s her bed, now she’s gotta lie in it.

Of course, after that piece ran on Vienna, Chris Harrison immediately came running to her defense with this to say. I was actually surprised Chris took up for her this much. Does this sound like someone doing a little spin control for their final girl? Sure does to me. I mean, he admits “Jake loves her…she loves Jake” right there in the article. Why would Chris say that? He could’ve just let it be and said, “She’s a nice girl getting a bad rap, blah blah blah”. But he took it to the extreme and said “Jake loves her”. Loves her like a friend? A sister? A mother? A wife? Doesn’t matter at this point. The cat was out of the bag back on Jan. 6th.

Now to a question I’m getting asked far too often, and that’s “What’s Jake and Vienna’s status now?” I will tell you this: When they ended filming in November, Vienna was Jake’s final one. He chose her to either continue to date, or to marry. Not sure which one, but he DID NOT pull a Womack and dump both girls. He chose Vienna. Did he propose? Not sure. If I had to guess, I’d say he did. I just couldn’t see someone as high as a kite about wanting to meet someone and fall in love and be married, choose Vienna after those 5-6 weeks with her and say, “Yeah, let’s just date”. But that’s just my opinion. Which brings us to: “Are they still together now?” Answer: I don’t know. If I had to guess, probably not. Especially with all this stuff in the media coming out about her.

A lot of you are asking, “How can he be with a girl like that?”, and I don’t necessarily disagree, all I’m saying is he knew nothing about “this” Vienna while filming the show. He didn’t know about topless pin up calendars, or milking ex’s bank accounts for a boob job (if that’s even true). And the fact that Chris defended her saying in the time she was there, she’s a good girl at heart but just a little outspoken, and even Corrie today, in her post show interview, says that Vienna wasn’t all that bad. Just young, loud, and stupid. It’s apparent now that Vienna was one way with Jake, and a complete mega-bitch around the girls. So, I guess she fooled him, but obviously, there’s a reason Jake picked her. I’m sure if he knew now what he didn’t know back then, no way he would’ve chosen her, but what can you do about it now? This show has been in the can for 2 ½ months. A lot has happened since. We’ll see how it plays out, but I’m sorry to inform all the Vienna haters out there, Jake chose her back when filming ended in November.

And finally, regarding Ali’s departure this week. No real news to report other than she is the one leaving after the hometown dates, and I can tell you, it was due to work related reasons. Whether or not the show decides to air that as the reason is a different story. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Ali went on this show just a few months removed from starting to work at Facebook in San Francisco. Apparently she either didn’t inform her work she could be gone longer than originally expected or thought that they’d grant her the time to be gone longer if needed be. Well, they didn’t and she chose to come back to work over having a 1-in-4 chance to be in an eventually failed relationship. Probably made the smart move considering this economy. Once she left, she does not return to the show.

Will she be asked to be the next Bachelorette? It’s possible. I mean, if they use her real story for leaving that work brought her away, it definitely gives her a good set up going in to next season, don’t you think? Then again, if she is asked, and does decide to be the next “Bachelorette”, she is basically chasing the Hollywood bug and saying goodbye to her career at Facebook. I can’t imagine if they wouldn’t let her stay more than a few weeks during Jake’s season, now all the sudden they’ll let her go for two months? Not to mention all the time she’ll have to take off to do the media circuit. I don’t know Ali whatsoever, but from what I’m hearing, she’s definitely ambitious and extending her fifteen minutes, being in magazines, and being the center of attention doesn’t seem to be something she shies away from. Her career or the “Bachelorette”? Hmmmm, tough one. We’ll see. It’s all speculation at this point, but I think she would fit their “role” of a “Bachelorette” more than Tenley or Gia would. There’s no way Tenley would make out with 10-15 guys, which is something this show needs to sell itself. Your “Bachelorette” kinda needs to be a little open to stuff like that and Tenley just doesn’t fit that mold. And Gia I don’t think would get asked because honestly, I don’t think people have developed as much of a strong feeling for her as they have with Ali. Seems like we know more about Ali than Gia at this point. Time will tell.

Ok, that’s it for now. See you back here Tuesday. Just got the group booking code for the Vegas trip March 5th-7th. Anyone interested, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. If you want to join me on Twitter, my address is Twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or if you want to add me on Facebook, scroll down the right hand column under “My Stuff” and click on the appropriate link. See you Tuesday…
Back to top Go down

Reality Steve Column 2/4/10: Mike Fleiss and I Should Get Together and Go Bowling
Page 1 of 1